Monday, February 25, 2013


Snow Day



     Dean and I live in a modest home by a large urban park.  Most of our furniture we have had to alter to fit the small rooms.  In these photos, you can see our silver leafed cabinet where we store our computer supplies and printers.  We also silver leafed our dinning room table!  This finish is luxurious and helps the rooms seem bigger.



     Well, why am I doing a blog?  I think I have become painfully aware of the fleeting quality of life's minutes.  I know circumstances change and will change in ways I can not image today, so capturing today with a sense of beauty and tenderness is my goal.




     This Missoni dress was purchased on clearance many years ago before Target made Missoni a household name.  I love it because it reminds me of a spring forest.  I included the painting because it matches the feel of this dress and our home.  It's a portrait of us in a mysterious landscape trying to identify an unusual plant.  As artists we are always in search of the next inspiration to follow.



dress--Missoni 
hand knit scarf--(thrifted)
boots--Folage (thrifted)
handbag--Marco Buggiani

7 comments:

  1. Ann, I am very impressed!
    The interior design of your home (love and have white orchids too), the colours, your outfit, everything is so tastefully presented.

    I also checked your webpage and saw that some of your pieces of art show you!
    You are so creative.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! And your interior looks amazing-I love how the bag you are wearing matches the art and silver leaf :)

    I know what you mean about capturing life's fleeting moments ina blog-I always tell myself I dress for myself, and not others, and a blog seemed to be the best way to capture the memories of what I've chosen to wear.

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kamilla for the thoughtful comments. I like your style too--unusual, personal and not run of the mill. I like how you wear lace, hard to do. You wear it well! Just purchased a bright blue lace dress, inspired by you, trying to decide if I can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is gorgeous, that dress is a treasure, and I love the shared intensity of your and Dean's figures and expressions in your portrait. In speaking of your impetus for blogging, the tenderness you identify is particularly appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous dress and I looooove your throw pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Missoni design is a favorite. I can remember how fabulous Missoni was in the 50s and especially the 60s... and their chevron prints. Beautiful knits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missioni is wonderful....I wish I could find more on sale! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoy hearing comments and input.